If you are organising a gathering event and would like a truly amazing Irish farm location that gives the ultimate wow factor then Abhainn Ri offers this to you. Abhainn Ri offers the perfect location for gatherings large and small with accommodation for up to 24 people.
At Abhainn Ri we have our very own home cooked Irish foods available to order using local and our own Jacob lamb in our Irish Stew to give your group a real taste of Ireland. Check out Abhainn Ri Home Cooked Foods.
Culture & Family Fun at Abhainn Ri
We can offer a truly pilgrim walk to Hollywood from Abhainn Ri over the hill through the forest.
Children can learn about farm life in Ireland helping care for the animals
Everyone can learn the art of making real Irish soda bread
Celebrate with family and friends and enjoy our complementary home baked Irish Guinness Cake with every group booking for The Gathering.
As long as I can remember we always loved when pancake Tuesday arrived in February. It is a age old tradition in Irish households to make pancakes the night before the event of lent. What great excitement when the pan was heated and the batter was ready and we waited patiently for our turn to get the piping hot pancake. Yum.
100 g / 4oz plain flour
pinch of salt
250ml / half pint milk
12g / half oz butter melted
- Sieve flour & salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre, break in the egg and add half the milk.
- Gradually work in the flour and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Add the remaining milk and melted butter gradually.
- This amount will make about eight pancakes so we normally double the recipe.
- Melt a little butter in a small heavy frying pan.
- Pour enough batter to coat the pan thinly and tilt pan to cover evenly.
- Toss or turn the pancake and fry on the other side until both sides are golden brown colour.
Enjoy with some freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar and some double cream.
A fun packed Easter week away with family & friends
- 7 nights accommodation at Cottages (6 guests & 1 infant)
- Visit the Spring Lambs, care for the chickens, ducks, goats, pig and donkeys
- Enjoy Farm Walks
- Complimentary Home Baked Easter Welcome Pack
- Includes electricity, heating & logs for the log burning stove
- Mini Easter Egg hunt on Easter Sunday for children
Flexible arrival dates from 28th March
- €720 (7 nights)
- €640 (5 nights)
- €590 (3 nights) Friday – Monday
We just recevied great news “CONGRATULATIONS Abhainn Ri is the Regional Winner for the Republic of Ireland in the Self-Catering Web Awards 2013! We were delighted to receive a total of 372 entries, so this is a real tribute in recognition of an up-to-date, user-friendly and informative website that looks fantastic, well done”.
Book early and enjoy an ideal location for family or friends for Christmas or the New Year.
- Accommodation at Abhainn Ri Farm Cottages(Max. 6 adults & Infant)
- Complimentary Welcome Pack – home baked Abhainn Ri Irish Soda Bread & Mince Pies & Cream
- Crisp frosty farm walks with stunning views of the Blessington lakes or take a 20min drive to Glendalough
- Cosy evenings by the log burning stove – logs included
- Visit the friendly farm animals and collect free range eggs
- Take a break from cooking and order our tasty Abhainn Ri home cooked foods delivered piping hot to your cottage
- Click on Book Now to check prices & availabilty (7 nights – €900, 5 nights – €810 or 4 nights – €720)
Here is a wonderful feature article on Abhainn Ri in the German travel magazine Irland EDITION. Thank you to Jan & Anna Deiters for such a lovely description of life at Abhainn Ri.
Abhainn Ri Feature in Irland Edition
Irland Edition Abhainn Ri English