Abhainn Ri Farm Cottages offer luxury self-catering holiday cottages in Co Wicklow Ireland. Our Irish holiday homes are located near to Dublin and the accommodation is only a short drive from Dublin airport to County Wicklow. We offer four country style cottages suitable for holiday lets for couples looking for a romantic holiday rental and the group and family reunion looking for or group large cottages to rent. Weekend breaks, short breaks and activity breaks can all be accommodated on our wonderful farm and lakeside setting. Visit http://www.abhainn-ri.com for lots more information
As long as I can remember we always loved when pancake Tuesday arrived in February. It is a age old tradition in Irish households to make pancakes the night before the event of lent. What great excitement when the pan was heated and the batter was ready and we waited patiently for our turn to get the piping hot pancake. Yum.
100 g / 4oz plain flour
pinch of salt
250ml / half pint milk
12g / half oz butter melted
- Sieve flour & salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre, break in the egg and add half the milk.
- Gradually work in the flour and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Add the remaining milk and melted butter gradually.
- This amount will make about eight pancakes so we normally double the recipe.
- Melt a little butter in a small heavy frying pan.
- Pour enough batter to coat the pan thinly and tilt pan to cover evenly.
- Toss or turn the pancake and fry on the other side until both sides are golden brown colour.
Enjoy with some freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar and some double cream.
A fun packed Easter week away with family & friends
- 7 nights accommodation at Cottages (6 guests & 1 infant)
- Visit the Spring Lambs, care for the chickens, ducks, goats, pig and donkeys
- Enjoy Farm Walks
- Complimentary Home Baked Easter Welcome Pack
- Includes electricity, heating & logs for the log burning stove
- Mini Easter Egg hunt on Easter Sunday for children
Flexible arrival dates from 28th March
- €720 (7 nights)
- €640 (5 nights)
- €590 (3 nights) Friday – Monday